Lab Journal Club
Note: You will find here the PDF of the current journal club paper(s) only. The papers from the previous journal clubs can be accessed through the PubMed links.
Discussion starts just after lab meeting, at about 3:00pm on Mondays, in the LSN 3rd floor conference room.
- Monday Aug 16th: Lan Hoang
- Monday, Aug 2nd: Elizabeth Bukoski
Attenuation of Emotional and Nonemotional Memories after their Reactivation: Role of b Adrenergic Receptors. Jean Przybyslawski, Pascal Roullet, and Susan J. Sara. <PubMed Link>, <PDF>.
- Monday July 26th: Bethany Jones
The reorganization and reactivation of hippocampal maps predict spatial memory performance. David Dupret, Joseph O’Neill, Barty Pleydell-Bouverie & Jozsef Csicsvari. <PubMed Link>.
- Monday July 19th: Nadia Corral-Frias
Functional Neuroimaging of Reward Circuitry Responsivity to Monetary Gains and Losses in Posttraumatic Stress Disorder. I. Elman, S. Lowen, B. B. Frederick, W. Chi, L. Becerra, and R. K. Pitman . <PubMed Link>.
- Monday July 12th: Kat Scott
Individual responses to novelty are associated with differences in behavioral and neurochemical profiles. K. Antonioua,G. Papathanasioub, E. Papalexic, T. Hyphantisd, G.G. Nomikose, C. Spyrakib and Z. Papadopoulou-Daifotib <PubMed Link>.
- Monday June 28th: R'nld Wheeler
Sex differences in object location memory and spatial navigation in Long-Evans rats. D. M. Saucier · S. R. Shultz · A. J. Keller ·
C. M. Cook · G. Binsted <PubMed Link>.
Supporting paper: Are Sex Differences in Navigation Caused by Sexually Dimorphic Strategies or by Differences in the Ability to Use the Strategies? <PubMed Link>
- Monday June 21st: Laurel Watkins
Neurons in the Rat Anterior Cingulate Cortex Dynamically Encode Cost-Benefit in a Spatial Decision-Making Task. Kristin L. Hillman and David K. Bilkey. <PubMed Link>
- Monday June 14th: Rachel Samson
Theta-Band Phase Locking of Orbitofrontal Neurons during Reward Expectancy. Marijn van Wingerden, Martin Vinck, Jan Lankelma, and Cyriel M. A. Pennartz. < PubMed Link>
- Monday June 7th : Minryung Song
Switching on and off fear by distinct neuronal circuits. Nature, 2008. Herry C, Ciocchi S, Senn V, Demmou L, Müller C, Lüthi A. <PubMed Link>
Supporting paper(s): Neuronal circuits of fear extinction. Europ. J. of Neuroscience, 2010. Herry C, Ferraguti F, Singewald N, Letzkus JJ, Ehrlich I, Lüthi A.<PubMed Link>
- Monday May 31st: Memorial Day
- A very quick tour of some of the main facts of the brain. a 'primer on the brain and nervous system', put out by the Society for Neuroscience.
- Very simple (yet mostly correct!) presentation of the major facts about the brain. Yes, it is for kids, but don't be ashamed... it's really useful!
The main Journal club page can be found here