Thursday Oct 30th : 6pm
Friday Oct 31st : 6pm - 9pm
at the Flandrau Science Center, University of Arizona
The SFN local chapter and its volunteers held 3 tables at the annual spooktacular event on campus. Children and adults of all ages were offered activities such as:
- A guided toour of the Brain Zoo,
- Using their sense of touch (no vision) to discover what was inside spooky boxes,
- Learning about the auditory, visual, somatosensory and 'thinking' parts of jello brains (and eating their favorites!),
- Learning about fear of small animals and being spooked by a remote-controlled uggly rat (in training),
- Finding out how 'magic' they were, and how strongly they can be startled,
- Learning about the neuroscience of fear (poster)
- All pictures
- All pictures in a slide show (must have Flash Player)
With many thanks to all the volunteers: Nadia Corral-Frias, Penny Dacks, Thabelo Khoboko, Christopher Laine, Clayton Mosher, Sarvari Panchumarthi, Ann Revill, Aaron Tesch, Prisca Zimmerman, and of course everyone from the Flandrau center.
Organized by the Society for Neuroscience, Tucson Chapter.