Welcome to the Society for Neuroscience - Tucson Local Chapter
Announcements (Contact Us for more infos):
- Brain Awareness Week 2016 was a success! Thanks to all the volunteers. See the pictures below....
Deadlines to know about (Contact Us for more infos):
- SFN 2016 meeting (Nov 12-16, San Diego, CA). Abstract deadline: May 5, 2016.
- Graduate students and postdoctoral students travel awards for SFN meeting. UA deadline: TBD.
- Undergraduate Students travel awards.
- Brain Awareness Week Travel award (undergraduate award for students presenting a poster in theme H: History, Teaching, Public Awareness, and Societal Impacts in Neuroscience. Information and application can be downloaded <here>.
- Next Generation Award nomination.
Recent events organized/sponsored by the chapter (with pictures):
- Brain Awareness Week 2016 (3/2016)
- Brain Awareness Week 2015 (3/2015)
- Brain Awareness Week 2014 (3/2014)
- Brain Awareness Week 2013 (3/2013)
- Brain Awareness Week 2012 (3/2012, sorry no pictures!)
- Brain Awareness Week 2011 (3/2011)
- Senita Valley Elementary School 'Science Night' visit (10/2010) - Headed by Dr. Wulfila Gronenberg
- Spooktacular Event at the Flandrau (10/2010) - Organized by the UA Neuroscience Club or Here
- Mind and Brain College of Science Lecture series (Feb 23rd - April 6th, 2010)
- Brain Awareness Week 2010 (3/2010)
- Brain Awareness Week 2009 (3/2009)
- Spooky Brains: Halloween event (11/2008)
- Brain Awareness Week 2008 (3/2008)
Nadia Corral-Frias (Fellous laboratory) received a graduate student travel award for SFN 2010.
- May 2009: The SFN Tucson Chapter has been awarded a grant to fund a brand new initiative entitled: "Senior Neuroscience Research Fellow Program: Involving Elders in Neuroscience Research". This is, to our knowledge, the first initiative of its kind in the country.
- Penny Dacks (Rance laboratory) and David Andrew (Strausfeld laboratory) received a graduate student travel award for SFN 2009.
- Drew Maurer (McNaughton laboratory) received a graduate student travel award for SFN 2008.
Introductory material on the Brain:
Local Neuroscience-related events:
Links of interest:
Neuroscience Club at the University of Arizona. Or here.
Society for Neuroscience (SFN)
International Brain Research Organization (IBRO)
Dana Alliance for Brain Initiatives (DABI)
European Dana Alliance for the Brain (EDAB)
Federation of European Neuroscience Associations (FENS)
Contact Us for more infos